Collaborate with others when saving files to OneDrive
Hi, Office Insiders, my name is Tracy Childers and I’m a Program Manager on the Connected Experiences team. I’m excited to share with you an improvement to OneDrive that will allow you to collaborate with others when saving files.
Collaborate with others
When you need to work with others, you want to do it right away. Office’s best collaboration experiences are delivered when you store and work with files in the cloud. When you need to work with others, you now have the option to share Office files when you create and save them to OneDrive. By doing so, you make the file available to others immediately, allowing you to start collaboration right away.
How it works
When you create a file and save it to OneDrive, the option to Choose Collaborators will be enabled.
1. Create a file.
2. Click the Save button or press CTRL+S.
3. Choose a location to save the file on OneDrive.
4. In the Choose Collaborators field, start typing the name or the email address of the person you want to share with and select their name in the list.
5. Repeat step 4 until you’ve added all the people you want to share with.
6. Choose the pencil button to the right of the Choose Collaborators field.
7. Choose the type of access you want people to have (Can edit or Can view-only).
8. Click the Save button.
When you receive the Link sent confirmation, you’ll know your document has been saved and sent to the people you chose.
This feature is available to Microsoft 365 subscribers using Office for Windows on Insider Fast Version 2006 (Build 12827.20000) or later. We’re releasing this feature to Insider Fast users during May. If you don’t see it today, it will be available to you soon.
If you have any feedback or suggestions, you can submit them by clicking Help > Feedback.
Learn more about what information you should include in your feedback to ensure it is actionable and reaches the right people.
We’re excited to hear from you! With the Office Insider newsletter, you can get the latest information about Insider features in your inbox every month! Sign up here.
Comments are closed.