Drag messages from your personal inbox to the group mailbox
My name is Sri, and I’m a Program Manager on the Outlook team. I’m excited to share some news that will sure delight all of our Groups users.
We heard you! We are making managing your groups easier by enabling drag-and-drop to a group mailbox in Outlook for Windows. You can now move multiple messages at a time and save time while effectively sharing information with others (without having to forward emails or meeting invites).
In order to use the drag and drop feature, you need:
- Insider Version 1912 (Build 12325.20012) or later installed
- To be logged into an Exchange account associated with an Office 365 subscription
Move message using drag and drop
Click the messages you want to share and drag it to the desired group.
Tips & Tricks
- After a message has been moved to a group, all members are added, by default, to the list of recipients list in the To line when you Reply All.
- Any item you want to move using drag and drop must be under 50MB.
- Items in Groups folders cannot be dragged and dropped to other group folders.
- The original folder and the Groups folder in which you are dragging and dropping items must belong to the same exchange account.
Please see our support article for more information.
If you have any feedback or suggestions, you can submit them by clicking Help > Feedback in Outlook. Learn more about what information you should include in your feedback to ensure it’s actionable and reaches the right people. We’re excited to hear from you!
With the Office Insider newsletter, you can get the latest information about Insider features in your inbox once a month! Head to https://insider.office.com/newsletter to sign up!
Comments are closed.