Office for Windows (Insider): New Build Announcement (Version 1904)
Office for Windows – Insider Fast Release Notes – March 22nd, 2019 Version 1904 (Build 11514.20004)
Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
Redesigned product icon
The Word product icon has been redesigned to reflect the simple, powerful, and intelligent Office experience.
- Pinned Start tiles may not update and still show the old product icons.
- Only product icons have been updated. The core file type icons (e.g., icons for .docx, ,xlsx, .pptx files) will be updated soon and will rollout when available
Support basic co-authoring in Word documents that contain macros
Tired of being locked out of your documents that contain macros? We heard you! You can now simultaneously view and edit .docm files that are stored on OneDrive.
- For multiple authors to be able to edit the document, they must all be on a build in which the feature is available.
- AutoSave and real time-typing are not available at this time. Only supports basic coauthoring.
- Users can only coauthor on the main document. The VBA project macros cannot be coauthored on. Users must check out their file to edit the VBA project.
- We fixed an issue where the UI would constantly display “Checking for Changes.”
- We fixed an issue where the application could crash after moving a worksheet.
- We fixed an issue where the application could crash after saving as a PDF.
- We fixed an issue where the save dialog would not accept some Korean characters.
- We fixed an issue in PowerPoint where the comments pane would not open or close properly.
- We fixed an issue in PowerPoint where the application could crash when deleting a video.
- We fixed an issue in PowerPoint where in some instances the application would fail to launch.
- Various performance and stability fixes
- We fixed an issue where an extra shortcut to Access was created.
- We fixed an issue where data from a linked SharePoint would display incorrectly.
- We fixed an issue where the language settings would switch from Chinese to English.
- We fixed an issue where the application could crash when synching to SharePoint.